Monday, April 8, 2013

A Fun New Project!

Wow, It's been forever since I have posted last. Sorry about that.

Anyway, now that all the apologies are over, I have a few fun projects I am currently working on!

Specifically an anthology for one of my fellow SCADies, and it is for her senior project. I wrote a small little script for it and she decided that I could be featured among 19 other super great comic artists!

As a small aside about me, I love the military. I love drawing military things. So I really REALLY wanted to do a story that had to do with the military. So I did. I have just finished up the thumbnails and will move on to the final pages soon enough, but I thought as a courtesy I would post the thumbs for everyone to see!

You're welcome.

Anyway, here are the thumbs for my short story, titled "Behind the Wheel"

The cover and pages 1-3, as you can tell,
 I really like doing tight thumbnails.

Pages 4-7.

I really like tight thumbnails, when I do thumbs and move to a larger tight rough I tend to lose a little bit of energy from my figures, so I just tighten my thumbs up to the point where they can almost be considered miniature finished penciled pages, then blow them up and finish them off with ink or a clean pencil finish.

Well that's all for now, stay tuned for more stuff to be posted soon! Take it easy everyone.

-Colin


No comments:

Post a Comment