Monday, July 9, 2012

The Assemblers!

Howdy blog enthusiasts!

So I have been doing a lot of work for Golem lately, I mean just look at the recent posts...there all Golem things. So as a little refresher I wanted to do something with some good ol' superheroes.

I have wanted to try out a technique that I learned from my esteemed professor and friend Dove McHargue, where you pencil an illustration, texture the board with clear gesso, and then paint on top of it and detail with pencils. So I have been wanting to try it for a long time, and I decided the other day
I would do it dagnabbit!

I was puzzled as to what I should draw for the first test run of this technique, so who did I look to in my hour of need? No other than my man CAPTAIN AMERICA! As most people who know me know I am a gigantic Cap fan, so naturally I would draw him. But I did want to draw the WWII movie version, because I really dug that costume and I thought Chris Evans was awesome. And then of course to compliment the great Cap, I had to have the not-as-good-as-Cap-great-but-still-really-great Iron Man.

The men who lead the Avengers, bicker a lot, and eventually butt heads in the Civil War, I thought it was just a good homage to these great heroes. So here it is, the Cap and Iron Man pin up!
The image gets slightly fuzzier at the bottom. 
Unfortunately this was just a tad bit larger
 than what my scanner could get. 
But you get the idea.

As I said, its acrylic and colored pencil on illustration board. I am pretty happy with the final product, I am looking forward to doing more of these in the future between my comics! Hope you all enjoyed it, let me know what you think, and if anyone would like a print of this, feel free to let me know and I'd be happy to work out a deal with you!

Thanks,

Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment