Monday, April 11, 2011

There is Something Scratching Away at My Brain!!

Hello again my fellow blog enthusiasts,

So this weekend was absolutely crazy. Not only did I help build a set for a photo shoot, but I also had this crazy project due for my Materials and Techniques class.

So here was the assignment. Pick a horror story/and or movie and do three illustrations on scratch board.

SCRATCHBOARD.......

Never heard of it? Yeah, me neither up until, oh, a week ago. Okay that's actually a lie, I knew vaguely what scratchboard was but I hadn't ever actually worked with it. So after careful thought I decided to pay homage to George Romero in my illustrations for Night of the Living Dead.

After a crazy weekend of being busy and being plagued by awful hand cramping, I pulled out three lovely images that were all set for a monday critique. Now that I have elaborated on my life story for last weekend, I will actually show you the images. Sadly these are not for sale, I have other plans for these images. But If you are interested in any of these scratchboards I'm sure we can work out some sort of commission.

Gross..Yes... This is a 5" x 7" chapter heading,
 I figured this prepared the reader for the gnarly tale 
that was going to ensue.

Yeah the mouth is gross. Moving on.

Raahhh! Here comes the hoard! I mean, there isn't a whole lot to explain. 

And the last one *drumroll*...
At this point I'm pretty sure all hope is lost. 

Alright, well thats what I got to pour my blood sweat and tears into this weekend. Sans the blood sweat, and I guess tears too. I mean, it probably wasn't as intense as I'm making it out to be, but oh well. Have a good day interwebs, until next time. 

Same blog time, same blog place,

Senor Polar


No comments:

Post a Comment